Exmouth Chapel became a registered preaching room in 1847. This was instigated by Mr William Hartopp Hull, (probably the local squire and previous owner of Phear Park.).
It was originally called the Gospel Hall. Its purpose was to tell the people of the town that God could change their lives. In 1868 there were 185 members, rising quickly to 255!
In the 1870’s the church even ran a school. Reaching out to children is still a priority for the fellowship.
The church is independent from any organisation and continues to base worship around a communion service, where everyone who loves the Lord Jesus can take part.